Pueblo Grande Museum and Archaeological Park
The Pueblo Grande Museum and Archaeological Park contains the ruins of a 1,500 year-old Hohokam village site in modern day Phoenix.
For over 75 years the museum has been dedicated to the study and interpretation of the Hohokam culture.
Visitors will explore the ruin of an 800 year-old platform mound built by the Hohokam that may have been used for ceremonies or as an administrative center.
In addition to the platform mound, an excavated ballcourt, two full-scale reproductions of prehistoric Hohokam homes, and an interpretive agricultural garden can be viewed along the ruin trail. Inside are two galleries, a childrens hands-on gallery and a theatre.
The site also includes some of the last remaining intact Hohokam irrigation canals.
- Free parking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Food and beverage vending machines
- Picnic areas
- Easy motor coach and school bus access and parking
- Adults (18-54) - $6.00
- Seniors (55 & over) - $5.00
- Children (6-17) - $3.00
- Children under 6 - FREE
Museum members: Free
Free admission on Sundays for Children under 17.
Monday - Saturday: 9 a.m. - 4:45 p.m.
Sunday: 1pm - 4:45 p.m.
Pueblo Grande Museum
4619 E. Washington Street
Phoenix AZ 85034-1909
The museum is located on the southeast corner of 44th Street and Washington. Best access to the museum is from the 202, exit on 44th Street and head south to Washington Street. Go east on Washington Street and make the first right hand turn into the museum.
The regional map requires the free Adobe Acrobat Reader. Download it here.
Coming Up at the Pueblo Grande Museum and Archaeological Park
- Petroglyph Discovery Hike Dec 31, 69 thru Dec 23, 07
- Cultural Experience to Hopi Mesa’s Jun 07, 07 thru Jun 10, 07
- Hohokam Experience Summer Programs Jul 09, 07 thru Aug 02, 07
- Storytelling Jul 20, 07 thru Aug 03, 07
- "Native Words, Native Warriors" Exhibit Opening Oct 26, 07 thru Jan 06, 08
- Gourd Jewelry Workshop Oct 27, 07
- Park of Four Waters Tour Oct 27, 07
- Archaeology for Kids ages 7-11 Nov 03, 07
- Petroglyph Discovery Hike Nov 07, 07
- Arizona Site Stewards: Protecting Arizona's Cultural Heritage Lecture Nov 07, 07
- Petroglyph Discovery Hike Nov 10, 07
- Veterans Day Gourd Dance and Community Potluck Nov 11, 07
- Archaeology for Kids (ages 11-14) Nov 17, 07
- Navajo Rug Auction Nov 17, 07
- Burden Basket/Rabbit Bag Weaving Workshop Nov 24, 07
- Petroglyph Discovery Hike Nov 25, 07
- Archaeology for Kids (ages 7-11) Dec 01, 07
- Petroglyph Discovery Hike Dec 05, 07
- A Colorful Portrayal of the Sonoran Desert and its People Dec 05, 07
- 31st Annual Pueblo Grande Indian Market Dec 08, 07 thru Dec 09, 07
- Archaeology for Kids (ages 11-14) Dec 15, 07
- Drums and Songs of the American Indian Workshop Dec 22, 07